Urban Planners Wanted
International City leaders (ICL) invites urban planners, architects, urban development experts to volunteer for exciting and international assignments with the possibility of a full-time employment at the end of the assignments.
Volunteers invited to contribute to a global urban development programme
The volunteers will provide professional research and support services to International City Leaders (lCL) and its partners. She/he might also be required to assist in other functions of ICL. The successful volunteer(s) might be considered to join the team on a full-time contract basis.
International City Leaders (ICL)
International City Leaders (ICL) is an international organization headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. It is committed to bridging the knowledge gap between local and central governments, urban professions and academia in the field of sustainable urban development. Within this frame, it provides a forum for mayors, elected officials and city leaders to exchange practical know-how for solutions to persistent urban challenges; creates opportunities for partnerships at local, national and international levels, based upon trust and evidence-led policy implementation; and encourages and facilitates the application of innovative approaches to realizing the goal of prosperous and inclusive cities for all.
· Engage in research projects, collection of data, and producing statistics in the field of urban planning, urban development, and architecture as assigned by ICL or its international.
· Gathering, organizing, and presenting data and documentation as required by the project manager(s)
· Plan, direct, coordinate, and review assigned activities and operations and schedule and manage follow-up.
· Participating in meetings or events as required - including nationally and internationally.
· Organize and prepare background documents for the meetings and events as requested.
· Develop and revise data organization and presentation mechanism to increase overall efficiency
· Capability to operate within popular information technology platforms and database management systems.
· Type, word process, and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda, correspondence, and statistical charts; type from rough drafts, verbal instruction, or transcribing machine; independently compose correspondence and reports related to assignments.
· Perform related duties as required.
· Excellent oral and written skills in English
· Maintain strong professional and positive demeanor
· Proven accuracy and attention to detail
· Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
· Competency in the use of PC computers and MS Office Suite.
· Ability to travel in Toronto, Canada and internationally
· Ability to work with sensitivity in a multi-cultural environment with an ethnically diverse group of people in local and international organizations
A Master's or Bachelor's degree in urban planning, urban development or architecture. A candidate with solid experience in urban planning and development projects would also be considered.
Only in the absence of a degree in the mentioned disciplines, five to ten years of documented increasingly responsive experience working with public organizations in the fields of urban planning, management and/or architecture.
A stipend to cover daily commute and local/international business trip costs will be provided.
Please send a cover letter outlining your experience and interest for this position together with your most updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you be considered for this position, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please. Thank you.